Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Springfield Armory "Champion"






I have been looking for one of these for many months. These as well as all Springfield Armory 45's are hard to come by. I found this one that has had less than a box of ammo through it. I was delighted to say the least. It has the light full size frame and steel slide. It's a joy to carry and the 4 inch barrel makes concealing it a snap. I found with the bull barrel it's as accurate and easy to shoot as a full size government model. It has Novak night sights, ambi-safety with the two tone finish. It was worth the wait! This is a keeper!
You can't have to many 1911's :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Phil,

I am still packing my LW Champion on a daily basis. It is getting a few wear marks on the top of the slide from my kydex G-Code holster, but it is good, honest wear and I can live with that. It is definately one of my most favorite pistols!!!!

"Gunner" said...

Mick,

Mine is still holding up great. No problems with the finish using the Milt Sparks holsters. I like the Kydex holsters to. I have a Colt Government I use a Kydex with and it does wear some but like you said it's good honest wear. Gives some character to it.