Saturday, January 06, 2007

S&W Gunsight 1911



I recently purchased this S&W Gunsight version 1911. It's a lightweight frame with forged slide. I changed out the grips for a set made by Mil-Tac knives called G-10's. They provide an excellent grip no matter the weather. The mainspring housing was a MIM part that I changed out with an Ed Brown "Snakeskin" type. Coupling the grips,MSH and skateboard tape on the front strap and you have one solid grip all around.
After shooting 250 rounds through it I experienced no malfunctions of any type. The ACT/Novak mags that come with the gun are excellent. They are very smooth and feed correctly everytime. I intend to use these mags on all my guns from now own. I plan on buying Wollf mags which are the same thing with the exception of having a Wollf spring. I also like the Novak sights which have a brass bead on the front sight. I find this really easy to pickup especially for those of us over 50 years old:-) I highly recommend this gun especially for daily carry.

No comments: